Updated: Jun 9
Moving Tips for a Stress-Free Move!
After moving 10 times in 9 years, we've learned a thing or two about making the process smoother. Here are some quick and easy tips to help you stay organized and prepared:
1. Start with the kitchen: Clear out any fridge and pantry items you no longer need.
2. Donate mismatched cups and plates you never use.
3. Opt for durable moving bins: They're great for packing, stack easily, and can be reused for future moves. Check out these moving bins on sale: [moving bins].
5. Pack a suitcase: Treat it like a vacation and pack all your toiletries and a week's worth of clothes. No need to scramble through boxes for essentials.
6. Use styrofoam plates and cups: Place them between glass dishes and roll them with dish towels for added protection.
7. Roll and tape rugs: Label them according to the room they belong to.
8. Box everything up: Loose items slow down the process and make the move disorganized. Add labels to large bulky items for the movers.
9. Pack a mop bucket with cleaning supplies for easy access at the new house.
10. Keep valuables with you: Jewelry, laptops, and important documents should stay close to avoid any issues.
11. Wash bed linens a day or two before: Strip the beds before the movers arrive and pack them in clear garbage bags labeled by bedroom.
12. Our movers will disassemble and reassemble beds for you, so have the linens bagged beforehand.
13. Saran wrap the cutlery tray for an easy unpacking experience.
14. Use cooler bags for freezer and fridge items. Try to empty the fridge before the move and save your grocery run for the new house.
15. Start early: Pack away everything you don't need daily and stack boxes in the garage.
16. Take the opportunity to purge: Sort through unwanted items and consider renting a small bin for easy disposal (Tel: 705-792-6557, http://barriewaste.ca/).
17. Zip tie or tape hangers together in groups of 10 and bag hanging items. Label the bags for easy unpacking into your new closet.
Moving doesn't have to be a hassle. By following these tips, you'll be well-prepared for a smooth and stress-free move to your new home!